‘Exploiting My Baby’ On CBS’ The Talk

The Talk

Watch the Clip

Author of ‘Exploiting My Baby, Because It’s Exploiting Me,’ Teresa Strasser hilariously talks about the real side of being pregnant for the very first time. – The Talk

Watch The Talk on CBS Weekdays 2pm ET 1pm PT/CT

8 Responses to “‘Exploiting My Baby’ On CBS’ The Talk”

1. icup666
    April 8, 2011 at 12:11 am #

Loved you on Adam carrolla. Was listening the last time you were on his podcast and was a little disturbed on the dead baby talk. Maybe I’m a dick for bringing it up but I had to say something. At least if no one even hears this it makes me feel a little bit better. My son Evan was stillborn 3 days before c- section and it was just bad timing hearing the banter(funny as it was). Keep doin what you’re doin and I hope I wasn’t too much of a downer,

April 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm #

There is no way I can express my sadness at the loss of your son, Evan. Allow me to just say: I am terribly, terribly sorry. You are not being a downer at all. Let me just say that Adam and I were referencing a section of my book which was essentially about my abject fear of such a unimaginable thing happening, and how because there is nothing worse or more painful I can conjure, I became obsessed with it. I think if you read that chapter in my book, it will make more sense, however, I’m sure that is the last thing you feel like doing right now. I just wanted you to know that we were using humor to process a situation – it had just happened to the couple in the waiting room ahead of me at the doctor – that is almost impossible to ponder. I just wanted you to know that in no way do I take something like this lightly, in fact, it was my obsession with the painfulness of it that is the subject of that chapter of “Exploiting My Baby.”
      I hope this makes sense. Oh screw it. There is nothing I can tell you but how sorry I am.

• icup666
        April 10, 2011 at 12:29 am #

Hey, just wanted to let you know I wasn’t trying to get down on you or Adam about what you were talking about. I have been a listener to you and Adam from the beginning as well as Loveline since ’97. I just had to say what I said to make me feel a little bit better. I listened ( and still do) to his podcast every day, but on that particular day it was only 2 days after he died and me and my wife had to explain to my 4 year old daughter that she wouldn’t be the big sister she wanted to be. I am an atheist and anybody who knows me would describe me as not the sensitive type, but that day I was. Oh well, thanks for responding and I hope all is going well for you and your family. Take care of Batman and the little one, Mahalo

2. Mini Ditka
    April 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

T, long time huge fan. You are absolutely amazing to me. Heard you recently on Fitz Dog, and you brought me right back to how much I loved you on Carolla.

You should be proud that Adam brought in someone that is a close knock off of you. She is really good; but she is not you. Your presence is missed, and you are woven deep in the fiber of the Carolla show.

I just wanted to let you know that I still still love you and think you’re great. You really are a talent; one in a baker’s dozen, some might say. But not me! I say you are one of a kind. I love you and wish you all the best.

/I can’t wait to read your book :-)

//I’ll probably read it, if I get it as a gift

///Most likely will read it, sooner or later…..

////………………..love you……..really

3. ulla
    February 9, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Watched you on the TALK a few weeks ago. I have been trying to get preggers for a year now with no luck. I decided to follow your advice this past month. We subscribed to a nudey channel and every other day it was on! I am preggers now! YEAH! thanks!

4. Dave
    February 6, 2011 at 1:20 am #

Wow, T! You were friggin’ awe-inspring!

5. Mary
    January 28, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

Kudos to you.
    Followed you with Adam for years.
    Heard you on NPR.
    Go girl!
    You’ve made it.
    Mary

6. Aaron B.
    January 21, 2011 at 9:18 am #

T

Huge fan of you from Adam’s podcast. I saw your clip from the Talk on LA Rag Mag and just wanted to come over here and tell you how pretty and funny you were. Adam’s podcast is not the same without. Nobody they have tried out has come even close!